10 Feb 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

It may sound odd to people from other countries but in Finland it's not very common to know your neighbours very well. It certainly would be good to know your neighbours a whole lot better though. I only know one of my neighbours well enough to stop to chat.

Today she came over for tea and a small bite to eat. We had a very nice and long chat getting to know each other better. And of course we gossiped a bit too. Seems we have some weird neighbours... a bit scary too. But it's really good to have each other and know there is at least one door in the building I can knock on if something happens or I need help with something.

All in all a very nice evening and hoping for many more.

For some reason this song came to my mind... I don't think I've heard it since the early 90's


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...