17 Mar 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

Went to see The Adjustment Bureau tonight. The local movie theatre had tickets for only 6 € today and since the normal price during the week is 10 € (even more on the weekends) I of course had to take advantage of the opportunity. I saw the trailer for The Adjustment Bureau when I went to see Black Swan and thought it looked like something of a mix of the Bourne trilogy and Inception. Exciting and a bit weird. With a romantic twist. And hello, look at the poster. My favourite colours! It must be great. Right?

But yeah, what's up with the stupid title? It really doesn't make the film sound more appealing does it?

picture from Wikipedia 

Well... I guess I should've guessed from the clumsy title that it wouldn't be as great as it seemed. It wasn't at all a bad movie, it did have some great moments. But it just didn't completely do it for me. Still, I did give it 7/10 on IMDb. Pretty average okay movie. 

I didn't get bored and didn't look at the time once. That's always a good sign in my book. I just wish it would've been more exciting. I only jumped in my seat once! And didn't feel like squeezing my friend's arm once. And wish it would've been more weird, it was more like Men in Black without aliens and without being funny on the weird scale. And yeah either less romantic or much more romantic. I wasn't completely convinced by the romance even though it was more romantic than weird and exciting. If a movie is perfectly romantic it makes me cry, but this one only made me feel a tiny bit sad once.

I would say this would perhaps be a good film to see on a date when you don't want to see something you need to sit and analyse or think too much about while watching it.

(I haven't forgotten about the Paris pictures, just been too busy to write more about the trip. They will come soon... promise! Soonish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...