14 Mar 2011

"Sometimes you know your friends before you meet them"

Happiness is... - part 5

I am back from Paris! The weekend was absolutely great, couldn't have asked for more. I met a friend there whom I have never met in real life before. We have known each other online for several years but never had the chance to meet before this. Now we decided it was about time we met and made a weekend trip out of it.

I had no real worries about meeting her because I really felt I knew her well and she knew me. She is one of the people in my life I trust 100%. Actually I always trust people far too easily and sometimes end up hurt because of it, but deep down I know I shouldn't trust most people all the time, but her I would trust with my life. No question.

Meeting her was like meeting an old friend. You know, when you haven't seen an old friend for a long time you still get along like you always have right from the start. Like you would've never spent time apart. It was like that. Happiness. The title of this blog post is stolen from her Facebook status after she came home from the trip. So I'm guessing it was pretty much the same experience for her as for me.

We spoke English the whole weekend and last night when I was travelling home again I noticed I was thinking in English. That usually doesn't happen that fast for me. It took me weeks to start thinking in English when I spent three months in Australia and a couple of months to start thinking in Danish when I spent half a year in Denmark. So I guess that means this really was quite an intense weekend.

Of course I took a lot of pictures but still haven't finished sorting them so I will do another blog post concentrating on those some other day. However, here is a small sneak peak.

A picture of us reflected in a detail on a Bolivian carnival costume at musée du quai Branly. 

4 comments:

  1. Låter som ni hade ett härligt veckoslut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skønt at høre at weekenden var god :) Det er dejligt med sådan nogle venner ;)

    Glæder mig til at se endnu flere billeder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to describe our meeting, I would just copy 100% this post.

    Some people feel disappointed when meeting their online friends, or it's just blah. In this case: IT JUST GOT BETTER! :)

    I'm sure this was just the first of many many maaaany other meetings :)

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...