23 Mar 2011

Wise and true words by glamorous Dame Elizabeth

Today Elizabeth Taylor passed away at the age of 79.

I had never seen what she wrote in her tweets on her Twitter account @DameElizabeth. Only had a look at them today when people started retweeting them. I see she has tweeted some very wise words. Many things that I believe in. Words I try to live by but still have a long way to go before I truly do.


"You are who you are. 
All you can do in this world is help others to be who they are and 
better themselves and those around them." 

"Give. 
Remember always to give. 
That is the thing that will make you grow." 

"That is the thing that will give back to you all the rewards that there are. 
Don't do it for yourself, 
because then it becomes selfish."

 "I have to be stronger and more appreciative of what I do have."

 "Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind. I love you." 




I visited Basel, Switzerland earlier this year and there was an Andy Warhol exhibition at the Kunstmuseum Basel art museum. Some of the main pieces were portaits of Elizabeth Taylor. They also had the original photographs that Andy Warhol had used for his works.






RIP Elizabeth Taylor. 

This tweet from her made me chuckle and yes, it's so true:

"You can't cry on a diamond's shoulder and 
diamonds won't keep you warm at night, 
but they're sure fun when the sun shines!"

2 comments:

  1. this blog is awesome! Love the look of it.

    check out mine? i'm a photographer.

    www.electricbrandon.com

    you should follow it too! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely lady and such inspiring words. RIP Lady Taylor. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...