18 Apr 2011

Have a soulful piece of my heart

Earlier tonight I happened to hear a pretty good version of the song Piece of My Heart on Americal Idol and they kept saying it's Janis Joplin's song. I had this feeling it wasn't (yes yes, I know Janis Joplin sang it, extremely well too, but originally?). So google, my friend, helped me out and I was (of course) right. The original version of the song was sang by Erma Franklin. Yep, Franklin. Aretha's sister actually. I knew it! (well I wouldn't have been able to tell you her name so I'm not that good after all...).

Have another little piece of my heart now, baby. 
Come on, take it!

Erma Franklin - Piece of My Heart
This video is from 1992 but the original version was recorded in 1967. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...