5 Apr 2011

Newspaper nails!

I'm pretty sure most people think only women are interested in nail art. Am I right? I'm not a person who likes dividing things into female and male and therefore was very happily surprised when I during the last 24 hours have gotten not one but two nail art suggestions from two different male friends. Keep them coming guys! And girls! No, wait, I meant: keep them coming people!

So what did I do today? Newspaper nails! My friend sent me a picture and then I googled to find a tutorial about how they were done. I used this tutorial form youtube.

I needed vodka to do this. I had only gin. No way I'm wasting my gin. Thank goodness for a sister with too much vodka. And since I was just testing it out I used whatever newspaper page I first found. The radio and tv programme for today. The nail polish is H&M Happy Grey.





Cool, eh?

9 comments:

  1. Cool! It turned out really well! (P.S, the "more info" link on the Fancy page led to a tutorial too. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and what was the other suggestion? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, cooool! :O Love this, Banana. Must try it sometime. (I always say that, maybe I should try and actually do stuff :P)But seriously looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only found a tutorial in French from the page you sent...? Anyway, I'm sure it was done the same way :) I'm gonna try the other suggestion at some point for sure. It requires a bit more artful skills though, which I don't have so much of. And I think I need some nail art brushes for it. Which I have ordered. So when they arrive I'm gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditte: we can do it when I come there if you want! I was thinking I should test it with some pictures from newspapers. Or patterns etc. Could be really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it was French. I hardly even reflect over that these days, since Chrome has one-click translation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is totally cool! I really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really complicated but once you see the video, it's amazing!!

    And I wonder, who thought of soaking newspaper with vodka and then applying it to your nails? I never have that kind of thoughts lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. justltee: Yeah it is super cool!

    Nerh: I was thinking the same thing. Why don't I ever get these thoughts? :D Maybe we should start by drinking the vodka first? :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...