10 May 2011

Banana-nana strawberry-erry muffinsies

Yesterday my dear neighbour and friend came over for a cup of tea and some gossiping. I baked muffins. I tried to make my own recipe and while it might not have been 100% perfect (according to me) they were honestly delicious. The recipe was inspired by one I used when I made banana and cocoa cupcakes, I made some adjustments (maybe not improvements?) and liked these better than those.

I hope I get all the terms correct in English but here it goes... my first ever recipe (yes, it's okay to be shocked and to think I am kidding, but it's true).

For these yummy banana strawberry muffins I used:

150 gr saltless butter
2 dl sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ecological vanilla powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 ecological eggs
3 very(!) ripe fairtrade bananas
2 tablespoons lemonjuice (from a bottle)
3 dl ecological wheat flour
1 dl oat bran
frozen strawberries

And here is what I did with it:

I put the butter in the microwave on half effect for a short while because obviously I hadn't thought of taking it out of the fridge in time so needed to soften it. I let half of it melt completely and the rest was really soft, it wasn't warm though. Then I mixed the sugar and the butter in a bowl with an electric mixer.

Next I put the baking powder, vanilla powder and cinnamon in the bowl and mixed it. Then the eggs one by one and mixed even more. A lot. I had full speed on the mixer most of the time.

After that I peeled the bananas and mashed them with a fork on a plate and poured the lemon juice on the banana mash and mixed it a bit with the fork. The mash was then poured into the bowl with the rest of the stuff and mixed and mixed some more.

Lastly I added the wheat flour and the oat bran and everything mixed until the electric mixer broke. But you can stop before it breaks. Probably best to do so.

After all that was mixed I used big so called American muffins cups and filled 14 of them about halfway and put one frozen strawberry in the middle of each. Then put some more batter on top so that the strawberry was covered.

Had them in the oven for about 20+ minutes when the oven was 200°C (turned off the oven about halfway through to save some energy).

And here they are straight from the oven.


I'd say these might be perfect as breakfast muffins because of the oat bran. I still have many ideas about how to change the recipe and make different kinds of muffins so once I get myself a new mixer there might even be more recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Om nom nom nom, de ser helt fantastisk gode ud! Way to go med egen opskrift. :) Og så er jeg jo liiige lidt vild med bananmuffins ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...