30 May 2011

Letting go on the quest to finding the impossible

Waiting for my newly polished toe nails to dry is probably the best time possible to write down some random thoughts this day has given me.

Today I read a quote in my Facebook friend's status message from Paulo Coelho's blog:

Before a new chapter is begun, the old one has to be finished: 
tell yourself that what has passed will never come back. 
Remember that there was a time when you could live without that thing or that person 
– nothing is irreplaceable, a habit is not a need.

Being me I immediately started thinking of situations when this is not true. And the only thing I could think of was losing close family, like parents or siblings. In those cases it is usually not true that there was a time without that person. And there is no way they can be replaced. Surely there are many things you have also had throughout your life but most of those you can probably live without or replace.

I do of course understand the point of the blog post. That you should learn to let go of the past and move on. And that you will survive. To linger in the past only hurts you, it won't help you. So you have to leave it. And with this I completely agree. It is not easy though, it can feel close to impossible from time to time too and sometimes just plain hopeless. And more often than sometimes you take those small small steps forward only to fall helplessly backwards again.

I have also noticed it is easier for some people to do this. To forget things that should be forgotten, or to hide them so well that even themselves can't find them. Then there are others who seemingly have moved on but let the bitterness or the sadness slowly take over from the inside. Or those who just let it all show and make their friends tired of hearing all their rambling...

I had not read Paulo Coelho's blog before. I quickly had a look at some of other blog posts and I will keep on reading. With the tag "love" I found a couple of quotes that I want to remember:

For the Warrior of Light, there is no such thing as an impossible love.

Love may lead us to heaven or hell, we all know. 
But I choose to take the risks, and fall in love. 
To remain an observer of life is not to live at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...