31 Jul 2011

Sunday breakfast with oven pancake

This has been one perfect weekend. Could not have hoped for a better ending to July 2011. On Friday one of my absolute dearest and best friends came for a visit. She lives abroad these days so we rarely get to see each other. We had a great time catching up and then went out for some sangria with my boyfriend and his friend. Good times indeed. On Saturday I got to take out my boyfriend to a Thai restaurant and some ice cream and a movie. We saw Bridesmaids. I both cried and laughed which to me usually is a pretty good sign that it was a good movie. Which it was.  

This morning we were super lazy and didn't get up before after 10 am. I guess that's what Sunday mornings are all about. For breakfast I made us an oven pancake. Haven't made one in such a long time but they are super easy to make and so yummy. Not the most healthy thing to eat of course but hey, every once in a while you can treat yourself. Right?

I used this Swedish recipe but changed it so it was for two people.

1,5 dl wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 dl milk
2 eggs
1 tablespoon margarine

Mixed the flour and salt together and then used an electric mixer to mix in the milk. Then mixed in the eggs. Let it swell for about 20-30 minutes. Poured the batter in a greased medium sized pan. Then baked it in the oven for 20 minutes at 225°C. 


While the pancake was in the oven I whipped up some cream to serve with the pancake along with some raspberry jam.


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! :)
    And; are you kidding me, we can do that?? Pancake in OVEN?? Yumm!
    That looks SO good! *insert drool HERE*

    Hugz MLH:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MLH! And yes, it's really easy and really yummy. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was indeed yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...