15 Feb 2012

Revamp of a lamp

A long time ago I've bought a lamp from Ikea (where else) on sale for pretty much nothing. The lamp shade is pink which is a nice colour but not really my colour. So I had an idea of redoing it. My initial idea was to glue buttons on it. I have a lot of different random buttons that have come with clothes I've bought so this might be a way of actually using them for something. That idea I saw on Pinterest.

But then it would still be pink, right? So maybe somehow paint it before I glue on the buttons? I have absolutely no idea of how you are supposed to paint a lamp shade in the "correct" way but since this one was made out of thick paper I thought something that you paint on paper will probably do.

At this same time I had this brilliant idea of doing some paintings for the bed room. I know! Crazy. I blame my friends in Denmark who introduced the thought in my brain when I visited them and managed to get me painting by pouring enough red wine in me. It was so much fun! Who cares if the so called paintings look like a five year old made them? (And this is why they would be in the bed room, hidden from most people's eyes...).

Okay so ideas of lamp shade decorating and red wine fumed painting combined equals me buying some acrylic paint and painting the lamp shade. I painted it twice to cover all the pink in a matte grey shade. The lamp shade had some holes that I made a bit bigger using a pin once the paint had dried. I also changed the lamp bulb from a bullet shaped to a globe shaped one. Once it was finished I didn't want to glue any buttons on it anymore since I really liked how it looked. Simple and perfect for my vintage bedside table.

Some pictures of the lamp follow. And yes, now I realise the lamp is crooked... Oh well, no lamp is perfect. Or maybe it's the wall. I'm sure it is the wall. Or... the camera!



Before and after



1 comment:

  1. Dejligt! Vi tänkte precis förra veckan på wine & painting, och att vi inte haft det på länge.
    Ni är välkomna med när som helst! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...