10 Nov 2013

Flocking French Favourite

I think it must've been sometime last year that flocked nails started popping up on nail blogs everywhere. I got several pots of flocking powder from my sister but must admit I've never gotten around trying them until now. For about a year I hardly did any nail art, so it's not (just) that I was lazy, but more that I didn't feel like it.

I'm not sure if I like the flocked nails look. It looks quite odd if you ask me. Fluffy nails. Weird. I kept thinking what I could do with the flocking powder that I'd like and that wasn't too odd looking. Then I decided to give flocked french tips a go. As I didn't want to make it too in your face, I used the same colour nail polish and flocking powder.



First I painted my nails with one of my absolute all time favourite nail polishes, OPI's Red Hot Ayers Rock. I have many many red polishes, since that's my favourite colour, and out of these OPI's Red Hot Ayers rock is my favourite bright candy red creme polish. As a base coat I used Trind's Nail Repair, the two coats of nail polish and on top my favourite top coat, Seche Vite.



I painted my nails late last night. This morning I continued and used french tip tape and did one nail at a time. First the tape, then Seche Vite on the tip and then immediately poured flocking powder on the tip. Shook off the powder that didn't stick. Ripped off the tape and TA-DAH! the nail was done. Once it was dry I brushed off all excess flocking powder with a small brush.

This is certainly no durable manicure. The flocking powder doesn't seem to stay on very well, but since I have polish in the same colour underneath, it doesn't look too bad.



4 comments:

  1. How could I have missed Red Hot Ayers Rock?! Such a gorgeous color!! I haven't tried flocking manicures yet but it looks cool on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it is a gorgeous colour. It's one of my first OPI polishes so it's a couple of years old, but it's still in perfect condition.

      Delete
  2. So sweet - it makes me feel all Christmass-y :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you are right, it's quite Christmasy with the velvet tips and everything. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...