1 Dec 2013

New month, new challenges

So since the challenges worked so well last month, might as well do it again, right? And if I write the challenge here I pretty much have to do it. Would be embarrassing not to. I was thinking I could do something else than a fitness challenge, but couldn't think of anything I wanted to do so fitness it is.

I have decided on two challenges. One is short and won't take up much of my time, but will probably be very challenging after a couple of days: a plank challenge! And the other one is a more versatile challenge that I thought I can change and pick and mix a bit more, depending on what other program I have: following the Blogilates calendar this month.

30 day plank challenge, picture and plan from here.

About the plank challenge. It's the 30 day challenge where you supposedly do 5 min of planking at the end of the month. I have very high doubts about this since the most I've managed in the past is about 90 seconds. That was last year, when I was in better shape than now and did the plank quite often. But hey, I'll never know if I don't try it. It certainly looks intimidating. So before I dig in all the Christmas food on Christmas Eve I'm supposed to plank for 3,5 minutes? Yeah, that's gonna happen. But then again, who knows. It might not be 3,5 minutes but it might be 2! Even that would be really great progress.

The other challenge will be to, for the first time ever, follow the calender for the month at the Blogilates fitness blog. I've been following the blog for quite a while and also done many of the exercise videos, but never followed the monthly calender. Since I also go to some exercise classes and we are going on that trip to Tenerife this month, I will probably be making lots of adjustments. I won't be following the meal plan either, just going to continue with my "trying to eat healthy most of the time"-regime I've had for a while now (and this I write after just having a chocolate chip cookie).

I'm starting to realise how my life has changed since I last was active on the blog. Now it's fitness this and healthier eating that, when it used to be all about cupcakes. I might have to do some baking though. Maybe another try at those breakfast muffins that were a disaster last time.

I do know that I only write in the blog on weekends now. Hopefully things will eventually calm down at work and I'll have energy to write during the week too. I keep getting random ideas during the week but then never manage to write anything down. And I'd love to do my nails more often too.

However, I won't stress over that, the blog is supposed to be something fun and something to help fight against the stress, not cause it. Something that does really help with the stress is the exercising. I forgot to mention it yesterday but The 30 Day Shred did amazing things at erasing stress. When I came home from work I was usually a bit of a mess, but when I did the shredding and even though it was tough and I was sweating like crazy, I felt the stress melt away at the same time. Too bad the effect didn't always last very long. Maybe the Blogilates videos and the planking will work even better? Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...