1 Dec 2013

Protein blueberry muffins

Sometimes after working out I have a protein shake or smoothie. Not very often, but every now and then. Usually just mix milk, banana and protein powder. Very nice basic shakes. Recently I bought this protein powder that you can also use for baking, not just making shakes and today I tried it for the first time. As usual I had no idea what I was doing and just experimented and invented some kind of recipe. It was along the lines of the pomelo disaster muffins I did last month. Luckily tasted at least twenty times better though. This time I understood to use things that normally do go in a muffin - blueberries.

They turned okayish, not the best muffins ever, but they tasted nice enough after my work out when I was hungry. I would give them maybe even give them as much as three out of five stars. Next time I will again make some adjustments and see if it helps. Of course I could always just follow someone else's recipe...



Here are the ingredients I used:

2 eggs
1 banana
1 dl margarine
4 tablespoons honey
1 dl milk

I first mixed the eggs and then the rest of the wet ingredients together.

1 teaspoon vanilla powder
0,5 dl wheat bran
1 dl rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 dl wheat flour
1,5 dl protein powder
pinch of salt

I mixed all the dry ingredients together and then poured them into the wet ingredients and quickly mixed it all together

2 dl frozen blueberries

lastly I mixed in the blueberries

This made 12 medium sized muffins and I baked them for 20 minutes in 200°C

 Mr A. said he was going to count how much protein one muffin has so I'm waiting for the results. 

I would've wanted them to have been a little bit sweeter. Next time I think I will use two bananas instead of one. And the honey I used wasn't regular honey, it was honey mixed with buckthorn so it isn't as sweet as normal honey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...